Pages

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Update on Harrison

If you followed the missions blog this past summer, you will remember a story about a young boy named Harrison.  We met Harrison on the street in Matagalpa.  He was on crack and running drugs, yet all of us who met him could see there was something special about him.  He accepted Jesus into his heart, and he captured our hearts.  We prayed hard for his healing and for freedom from the evil men who were using him.   On Tuesday morning as we arrived to the site, we were once again greeted by a band of boys.  There was a new boy in the mix and when I said hello to him, I thought, "I know this boy."  Once he smiled, I said, "Harrison, are you Harrison."  With a big grin he said, "yes, I heard the pastor was building a church and I want to help."  Gone was the scratching from the crack.  Gone are drug dealers, Gone is the confused look in his eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment